The only constant in any industry is change, but it’s particularly applicable to Payments. Understanding how the industry is changing is vital to future-proofing your organization. In this session, Barry will discuss key principles of what will make up the future of fintech.
Introduction: Payments are backbone of fintech. Key principles of people-focused payments:
1) Pain-free Payments: Customer expectations of ease continue to rise. If things aren’t easy, people abandon quickly. How seamless is payments…really?
2) Payments with Purpose: Let’s redefine the word “payments.” Payment = money + data. They must be connected. One w/o the other doesn’t work
3) Pliable Payments: Money has changed in form over the years…yet we still have most forms. Which wins? It shouldn’t matter to most businesses.
4) Protected Payments: While technology continues to push payments forward, the one constant in payments is trust.
5) Payments with Partners: Gone are the days where one company can do it alone. Payments is an ecosystem and that’s even more true today.
Conclusion: When you put all these together, you get “unified payments”; that’s the future of fintech.